Friday, October 5, 2018

10-5-18 Most Stunning Echolocation Clicks

This is from July 26th of this year..
...a late day watching some of the Southern Residents as they struggled their way through the summer in their 'summer core habitat aka summer home area' where the fish are supposed to be plentiful...

...late on this day, a few whales came up island, pretty far offshore...Cappuccino K-21 was one of them...and Hy'Shqa J-37 and her boy, T'ilem I'nges J-49 were the others...what an unusual combination...there were a few others far offshore...none had gone very far up island from the lighthouse before they started to come back down...

...they were all on a food search...
T'ilem I'nges J-49 was close to shore and echolocating...with 'flair!


...Best I've ever heard...

...I knew I had the images and the audio, it just took this long to find the time to get it all together... 

No comments: