Sunday, November 4, 2018

11-4-18 Finally I Feel Unstuck

Sunday, November 4

...it's been just about a month since posting...
...don't know why...
...just couldn't...
...and today...
...I met a couple...
...who, for some reason...
...caused me to get 'unstuck'!  Thank you two!

...I have no images of the Southern Residents for a while...they have been gone...
...I have no story to tell today...
...when looking for an image for someone, one caught my eye, so I decided to look at other similar ones.

...when a whale exhales...well, when they do, they are doing it with great force and within a few seconds, inhaling before disappearing beneath the surface...

...seeing their exhale when backlit.
...this exhale gives one the idea that they are 'spouting' water.
...and this one too.  But they aren't.
...he looks all tangled up in his exhale.
...and this one made me laugh, looks like he is exhaling from his side.
...and this one brought me pause. See the heart shape?
...the heart shape is not a common shape to see with an orca exhale, but you get lucky once in a while when all things line up just right.

...and that's what I hope for these whales, that things will line up just right. That those who are making decisions about how they are going to 'help' these orcas, will actually set aside their personal interests and their personal gains and put the Southern Resident orcas FIRST.

I think maybe that is why I have been stuck.  I am holding my breath, hoping, against all odds, that substantial decisions will be made to really, truly, help this community to get on the road to recovery.

...for if they don't, the day will come when those exhales will be no longer...
and that breaks my heart.


No comments: