Saturday, June 13, 2020

6-13-2020 Transient Orca Encounter at Lime Kiln

Saturday, June 13th

...I wanted to title this post:  "You've Got to be Kidding!"
here's why...

...I was standing on the north side of the lighthouse watching the clouds and wondering what the sunset might be like tonight (every night it has been pretty awesome)...
...see that far point on the right?...that's the point at the north end from the lighthouse where the island makes a bit of a turn and if there are whales beyond there and if they are in close to shore you won't see them until they get to the point...
...I had seen a blow or two beyond that point and then waited...nice!...not sure who or how many, so I waited...
...there was no one around...but then I heard a couple people sounding excited or happy...I guessed they had seen the whales approaching...
...the couple came from the front side of the lighthouse and she asked, "seen anything?"  My reply:  "You've got to be kidding." ...and I pointed for them to look...as they did this happened!
 ...I love seeing the orcas and I love it even more when this happens for anyone who doesn't carry the expectation...it was sheer joy for them !!

...at this point the whales were north of the lighthouse and in close to shore, but I think they were still out of visual range via the webcam that sits up on the hill to the north.  
...and then what did they do?   ha!
...off to the car... 



...and down island they went...the T123s and the T046B1s.
...nice...



No comments: