Thursday, May 21, 2015

5-21-15 J Pod is Still Here

Thursday, May 21st
...after hearing J pod calls in the middle of the night...3:40 a.m. being the last of the calls I heard over the Lime Kiln hydrophones...well, they didn't go out...I thought they were still down island and off the west side, but instead they had gone north...

...even though I didn't see J pod whales today...I just received an email from Save Our Wild Salmon...with a link to a short video highlighting a trip to Washington, D.C. in January to speak to high level officials about the importance of the removal of the lower four Snake River Dams.

What a powerful video.  Watch it.  This is hope for the future.
DamNation Petition Delivery to the White House


...for those of you who haven't yet, please sign the petition for the 
Southern Resident Killer Whale Chinook Salmon Initiative
...it too is about the removal of the lower four Snake River Dams...

...as I was about to post this, I get a call that J Pod is coming down President Channel...so I take off to Ruben Tarte Park...when I left home the water on the west side was calm and no wind...however, on the east side I felt like I was in a wind storm in Alaska!...LOL!  I didn't stay long and as it worked out I saw David Howitt who was just coming out of Snug Harbor and he gave me the info on where the whales were when he left them...
...however, it still doesn't give me much of a clue as to where they will be by tomorrow!

No comments: