Friday, May 8, 2020

5-8-2020 Wild Flowers and Whales

May 8th


Out the door to gather some flowers,
  not sure what I might find.
The sun was shining, the air was still,
I had nothing else on my mind.

A walk I was taking not far from the shore,
  my camera was 'picking' from flowers galore.
There was hardly a boat anywhere to be seen,
  the seas were calm so what did those white caps
   out there mean?

Glad the camera had already 'gathered' many colors,
  for what came next were are not considered to be colors.
What's that I see, no it surely couldn't be,
  it's been so long since orcas have come along.

I watched and waited to see which way they might go,
  so far from shore it was hard to know.
My ears picked up the sound of someone closer in,
  could there be more, but no other dorsal fins.

They crossed Haro Strait at a good pace,
  it didn't matter though cause there was no race.
A boat zoomed up passing the submerged whales,
  moments later a high speed u-turn, it seldom fails.

A kayak was slowing paddling out toward the boat,
  then a paddle boarder showed up and began his float.
The current was strong taking the surface 'debris',
  along for a ride down the sea.

The whales got together after that and continued on their way,
  leaving me wondering if they were having their say,
"No way they could catch up to us the current's too strong,
  they'll likely end up at South Beach before too long!"



 ...not easy to see but the four T101s up at the same time.

Referred to as the T101s, they are T101, T101A, T101B, and T102. 
T102 has the hooked dorsal fin.


  
  






   

No comments: