Sunday, February 9, 2014

2-8-14 Familiar Sounds to Our Ears

Saturday night, February 8th
...I had received a couple phone calls earlier about the whales being out by Race Rocks...
...headed this way...was a good thing, but it wouldn't be 'for sure' until they were heard on the hydrophones......J Pod call started coming over the Lime Kiln and Orca Sound hydrophones...at about 8:30 pm...

...I'm so glad to have them satellite tag free!...that probably won't last too long, but for as long as they can be FREE...then I am glad for them.

...it sounded to me like they were going north...but then the last of the very faint calls I heard were on Lime Kiln HPs and that was after midnight...they were intermittent and faint...stragglers?...split group?...or had they all gone back down and possibly out?...oh well, they know where they are and they know where to go to look for the salmon...

...it's up to the humans to start taking care of the environment so the salmon can survive...doing that may help the whales survive in the long run...


...here's a clip of some of their calls...I grouped them...



No comments: