Tuesday, September 2, 2014

9-2-14 They Were In Pairs Today

Tuesday, September 2nd
...I had heard early on Monday that some members of all three pods were out in the Strait of Juan de Fuca coming in very slowly, but I heard nothing else the rest of the day...so when I get awakened at 1 a.m. - yes - the middle of the night - oh, goodie - whales are here!
...of course that means up and out early for a look-see...Mike J-26 and ?...
...Lobo K-26 and Mike J-26...they were cruising along with some of the J16s, a couple of the K13s, and some of the K14s...


...out on Maya's Westside Charters we meet the whales as they are coming up island...a nice way for those folks to spend their day - before the rains came anyway...

...Scoter K-25 and 'that tag'...
...one group was a mix of J16s and K14s...
...it was 'pairs day' J36/K36...J42/K42 - and earlier on it was J26/K26!

 

...in the rain...

...I drove down island...just enough time to see this...love it!





...the visual was over for me for the day, but the audio wasn't...as I was listening to the Lime Kiln hydrophones from the day...I noticed the L12s' calls on there...and later found out they had been present...but they only made it up to the lighthouse and then must have gone back down based on what I had heard from the hydrophones...too cool...

No comments: