Monday, April 24, 2017

4-24-17 Transients Have Been Everywhere

...over the last many days it has been whales, whales - transients - everywhere but...
...something was on my mind that I could not shake...so here's is my take - LOL...
...here are some images from recent days...
...I rode along on the Western Prince and not even out of the harbor was a gray whale...

...then word came that whales were seen in the Strait of Georgia...







...on another day the T49As and the T65As and T65Bs were together again (last time seen together was about a week before)...
...T65Bs (mother and offspring) used to travel more often with her mom - T65 and Chainsaw T63...Chainsaw hadn't been seen in these waters for the last few years, but he was seen north (SE Alaska - I think) last year but no mention of T65...hummm...so the other day when Chainsaw was seen coming in from the west there was an unidentified female who was later ID'd by one of the Victoria boats as T65!

As far as I know there has been no word on the whereabouts of the Residents...as in prior years, one day they will just show up...
...I am so anticipating hearing them over the hydrophones early one morning ...but also realizing that I am quite concerned for their well being.

 


No comments: