Tuesday, July 1, 2014

7-1-14 Watching the Whales From A Different Vantage Point

Tuesday, July 1st
...it began with Mt. Rainer miles and miles away yet so prominent, and an orca miles from me yet clearly visible in the early morning light, as he broke the surface of the calm sea...
...when I saw these...

...I just couldn't resist...because it really wasn't a plain day...one of those planes has its propellers in an unusual place and the other looked very old with a cool paint job!
...a friend intrigued me with an image taken from an unusual location, so I decided to try something different today...
...it sure looked like a summer day in the San Juans...
...as the whales passed by along Land Bank...

...I usually see them when I am at the park and they are coming into the park...today I saw them entering the park after they had passed by me...interesting perspective...

...but that up island travel didn't last long...back down they came...
...the west side of the island continues to be a busy corridor of whales!

No comments: