Sunday, October 5, 2014

10-5-14 Heading West At A Casual Pace

Sunday, October 5th
...ever have one of those days?...leave too soon or late, turn left when you should have turned right...etc, etc...well that's how my day started...
...I'm heading down to see if I can find whales who might have come in last night...get a call, "you at the park?"..."no, should I be?"... "Yes."...U-turn and back to where I had just been...
...they were moving through the sport fishing boats, and there were a lot of them...I think the boaters may have been as surprised as I was...the whales came down at a steady stream...some in closer to shore and others heading out toward Discovery...
...the boats didn't bother the whales...the boats were just there and the whales just went by them...lots of folks with cameras out by that time!...
...yesterday I had all of J pod present, except I couldn't find Shachi J-19 and Eclipse J-41...
...so when I quickly took as many shots as I could as the whales were moving on past, I saw Shachi J-19...okay, nothing fancy but proof of presence...

...out on Maya's Westside Charters...now just where have those whales gotten to...oh, no, heading west!...luckily they were moving slowly...some were in groups and others were spread out and foraging...beautiful day of calm seas and so much sunshine...
...at each angle the lighting was different...



...there were pairs and groups...
...there was surface action...
...there was salmon chasing and catching...
....they were spread wide and far...
...and their direction?...
...when will they be back?...hopefully there will be more salmon coming in and they will be right behind it...

No comments: