Monday, March 30, 2015

3-30-15 Those Fish Sounds and Then...


first to recap:
3-27 J Pod was last seen heading out the Strait of Juan de Fuca...
3-28 I heard that J Pod had been spotted at Sombrio...that's almost to the outer coast...
3-28 I began hearing those burp sounds (fish sounds I've been told) starting in the afternoon and continuing into the evening.
3-29 I was away from the hydrophones until the early afternoon...I had been out trying to locate the T11s...
3-29 late afternoon and into the evening more burp sounds...

If you aren't familiar with what I am speaking about go to this prior post...

I continue to record these sounds yet I still haven't gotten it into my head that the whales might be showing up again.

Well, they did at about 2:25 this morning 3-30-15!...over the Lime Kiln hydrophones...then at about 4:00 a.m. there were a bunch of 'squiggles' (S10s or S33s) over the Lime Kiln hydrophones...
...they were in the area until after 7:00 a.m. going up island...I wonder if they will be in the same place where no one could find them the other day?!...that's what I thought about when I heard them last :)

...don't know yet what the rest of the day will bring...but it's been great so far! 

No comments: