Tuesday, March 12, 2013

3-12-13 I Heard...

Tuesday, March 12th
...yes, I heard that Granny was seen a couple days ago, near the Campbell River area, with other members of Group A and Group B...it's been over two months since anyone has seen her and Group A...
...when J pod came through the other night...I thought they had gone north...
...since then there had been a few reports of killer whales up north...but I didn't know of anyone getting any ID pictures...was it J pod or Transients?...
...during the last week the CTV News on Vancouver Island had several news reports of a monstrous (my word) herring run...of course the reports showed massive amounts of herring being caught...
...I bet I knew where the whales were...

...then when I learned that someone had seen a proof of presence image of Granny from March 11th...well, that just made me smile...I haven't seen any J pod whales in a while and it's been since December since I've seen Granny and her group...
...I'm looking forward to seeing Granny and her pod in the not too distant future (of course that could still be weeks or more away)...

...so in the meantime enjoy these images from past years...
 
...there's lots to look forward to...
...I hope this year's salmon season
 is as abundant as the herring run was!...


No comments: