Tuesday, January 21, 2014

1-20-14 Additional Visitors in Haro Last Night

January 20, 2014
...I did get confirmation that it was the L12s on the Orca Sound HPs, coming down Haro Strait last night...
...also, when listening I thought I heard some Transient calls...low tone...sounded like in the distance...it was close to 10pm - when the L12s were getting sparse on OS Hps and just before J pod got louder on OS Hps.

I put 4 clips of those calls together in one.  It's just 7 seconds long...I noted that this is an unusual sounding Transient call - to me anyway, but the low tone is typical of Ts and not of Residents...

...Simon of Ocean EcoVentures contacted me this afternoon - he had come across T93 and T97 in Cowichan Bay...gee, I wonder if  it might have been them...
 

2 comments:

dalyboys said...

Stumbled across your blog and have spent way too much time reading through your wonderful posts! My hubby and I took our first trip to San Juan Islands last summer, unfortunately before I had time to research much about the Southern Residents. I dream of coming again and doing some real whale watching!!
-Holly, Chicago, IL

Jeanne said...

Thank You! I hope the whales are here for you when you return!