Friday, June 29, 2018

6-29-18 Thank You Greenpeace

It was June 27, 2018 when Greenpeace came to Friday Harbor.  
I was unable to see the ship.
Early morning on the 28th, all of a sudden I had to get to town.
Maybe the ship was still there.
I had no clue as to how this was about to impact me.
As I drove to town I began to cry. huh?...what was happening?...I didn't know...It was weird.




I went back to the west side and told a friend, and of course, I couldn't 'keep it together'.
At 10:35 a.m. the Arctic Sunrise was in Haro Strait, just north of the lighthouse!
I could hardly believe it.

I remember the first check I ever wrote to Greenpeace and that was 25+ years ago.  And along the way, the my Greenpeace mug "I save whales, ask me how"...I didn't realize what a huge impact it would have on my life and is likely one of the reasons that I ended up on San Juan Island and doing what I do.  What a journey.  I just wish I knew how to have a bigger impact on saving this environment.
Thank you Greenpeace for raising your voice for these waters and all the beings who depend on them for their survival now and for future generations to come.

Here's a link to the San Juan Islander article:


 Now I hope I can stop my tears :)

...p.s. This might just be one of the reasons my blog posts have been lacking...I had been losing hope...I have it back now, I hope :)

No comments: