Sunday, May 16, 2021

5-15-2021 Bird Watching While Waiting for the T123s

Few whales and fun birds in the last several days.

While waiting to see what the T123s would do, there were several birds that got my attention.


Sharing food? or ??


Kingfisher - fast and successful


and then...



 ...the whales were not close, as you can see, and moved out of view...the birds had quieted down...so...back home I got lucky to find mama Junco in the tree near her nest.  No peeping babies do I hear yet...but maybe soon.


May 14th...a humpback went by...too cool...on one surfacing the exhale was quite forceful and then when I looked at my images later I saw something, nothing fancy but do you see it in the 2nd image?


...the mama Junco was quite calm today. She is often irritated when I am near, but the front door is just about 6' away! She was preening and was very calm and not bothered with me taking lots of images.  

When I saw this image I began to wonder, "do the orcas ever itch and if they do might some of those scratch marks be from another one scratching an itch?  I may begin to look at scratches differently now!


No comments: